Friday, September 24, 2010

Minimal Masterpiece



I am blown away by the new cookbook that Ikea just came out with, “Hembakat är Bäst” (Homemade is Best). The styling was done by Evelina Bratell and the photography is by Carl Kleiner. I have a decent collection of cookbooks and even though I don't have room for any more in my apartment, I might have to make an exception for this one. I'm used to seeing a very organic, lush manner of food styling. Leave it to the Swedes to come up with something so quietly beautiful. When I think about the Swedish aesthetic I think of modesty, practicality, and accessibility. These qualities manifest themselves into work that is timeless and elegant. Not only is it stunning to look at, but it's so much easier to follow when you have such clear visuals guiding you.

No comments:

Post a Comment